Reprint Pan Card: How To Apply For Lost Pan Card?
When it comes to fulfilling tax obligations in India, having a Permanent Account Number (PAN) is essential. This document serves as proof of identity. Is also widely used for financial transactions in both professional and personal spheres. Each Permanent Account Number (PAN) that is assigned and every PAN card that is issued remain valid indefinitely. In the event of a loss, there is no need to apply for a PAN. However, you have the option to request a Reprint PAN Card from the income tax department.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
What Is A Duplicate PAN Card?
A duplicate PAN card is a document that the income tax department issues, to PAN holders who have lost, misplaced, or damaged their card. Many individuals often find themselves in situations where they accidentally expose documents to risks and then wonder how to recover them. Fortunately, obtaining a PAN card has become quite effortless thanks to the process introduced by the income tax department. Let’s take a look at how it can be done.
How To Apply For Lost PAN Card ?
Getting a PAN card is a hassle-free process. You can apply for it either online through the website TIN NSDL or, by submitting a paper application to the PAN services unit of NSDL. Opting for the application not saves time but also reduces costs significantly.
How to Apply Duplicate or Reprint PAN Card Online?
a. You can visit TIN NSDL. Choose the option “Changes or corrections in existing PAN data/Reprint of PAN card (No changes in existing PAN data)” if you need to make any modifications or corrections to your PAN card details. If your PAN card has been lost, misplaced, or stolen, you can opt for a reprint without making any changes, to the existing information.
b. Please complete the required fields. Then submit the form.
c. After completing the page, you will receive a number via email. Make sure to take note of this number for reference as you proceed with the application filing process.
d. Now you need to provide the required information on the “Personal Details” page and select the method through which you want to submit your PAN application form.
Three modes for submission:
Forward application documents physically: After making the payment, you need to print out the acknowledgment form and gather all the documents. Send them by registered mail to the PAN services unit of NSDL.
Submit digitally through e-KYC and e-sign (paperless): To proceed with this option, it is necessary to have an Aadhaar card. The information provided in your Aadhaar should be exclusively used for the PAN card application. An OTP will be sent to the number linked to your Aadhaar for authentication purposes. There is no requirement to upload any documents, such as photos or signatures. When submitting the form through this option, a digital signature (DSC) will be needed to electronically sign the form.
Submit scanned images through e-sign: To choose this option, Aadhaar is. You need to upload images of your photograph, signature, and other necessary documents. The application form will be authenticated through a one-time password (OTP).
e. First you must decide whether you want a PAN card or an e-PAN card. If you opt for an ePAN card, you will need to provide an email address. The email address you provide will receive the signed e-PAN card.
f. After that, make sure to provide all the information on the “Contact & Other details” well as the “Document Details” page and then submit your application.
g. Once you proceed to the payment page and complete the payment, a confirmation will be generated.
h. To determine the status of your PAN card, you can utilize the unique 15-digit acknowledgment number that was provided to you.
i. The department will send out the PAN card within a period of 2 weeks upon receiving the application.
How to Apply Duplicate or Reprint PAN Card Offline?
- Download and print the “Request for a New PAN card or/and changes or Correction in PAN Data” form.
- Use BLOCK letters and Blank Ink to fill out the application.
- Mention your 10-digit PAN for reference.
- If you are an individual applicant, 2 passport-size photograph is to be attached and cross-signed carefully. The face should not be covered while signing.
- Then, fill up all the necessary details in the form and sign the relevant boxes.
- The application along with the payment, proof of identity, proof of address, and proof of PAN has to be sent to the NSDL facilitation center. After receiving payment, a printed acknowledgment form is generated having a 15-digit number.
- The facilitation center then sends your application to the Income-tax PAN services unit for further action.
- You can check the status of your duplicate PAN card using the 15-digit acknowledgment number generated.
- The duplicate PAN card will be dispatched within 2 weeks after the department receives the application.
When Do You Need To Apply For A Duplicate PAN Card?
A duplicate PAN card can be applied in the following situations :
- Loss/ theft: Many individuals often keep their PAN cards in their wallets or pockets. Unfortunately, there is always a risk of misplacing it in the event of a wallet or purse theft. This is an occurrence that leads to applications being submitted to the relevant department, in India.
- Misplaced: Sometimes people often misplace their cards. Then struggle to remember where they actually left them.
- Damaged: If your existing PAN card gets damaged in any way the only solution is to get it reprinted. Sometimes the information and signature provided during the PAN application process may need to be updated over time. In some situations, the only option is to make those changes and get a card printed with the updated information.
|Category of Taxpayer
|Karta f te HUF
|Any Director(s) of the Company
|Firm / Limited Liability Partnership(LLP)
|Any Partner(s) of the firm/LLP
|AOP(s)/Body of Individuals/Association of Person(s)/Local Authority/ Artificial Juridical Person.
|Authorized signatory as mentioned in the incorporation deed of the several taxpayers.
How To Surrender Duplicate PAN Card?
According to the income tax law, one is not allowed to have, more than one Permanent Account Number (PAN). Nevertheless, there is a possibility of receiving PAN cards with either the number or different numbers. Taxpayers should not be concerned, about this matter. Please follow these steps to submit any incorrect PAN cards to the income tax department;
- Write a letter addressed to your assessing officer and provide all the details like your full name, date of birth, details about the PAN card to be retained, and details of the PAN card to be surrendered.
- You have the option to send the letter through expedited mail or personally deliver it to the assessing officer and receive a receipt, as proof of delivery.
- The acknowledgment receipt serves as evidence that the duplicate PAN card has been successfully canceled.
Some Important points relating to Reprint PAN Card
- If your PAN card has been stolen you will need to report the incident at the police station and obtain an FIR. Make sure to include a copy of the FIR along, with your application, for a PAN card.
- When sending the acknowledgment of your PAN application via registered post make sure to include the following, on the top of the envelope; “Acknowledgment No.. (*************). Application for Reprint of PAN or Application for changes or correction, in PAN data.”
- The fee, for residents is Rs. 110 while non-residents are charged Rs. 1,020. Your PAN card will be sent to the address provided in your aadhaar details.
To conclude, reprinting your PAN card is a straightforward and convenient process that allows you to obtain a new physical copy of your PAN card in case of loss, damage, or errors. By following the steps outlined above, you can initiate the reprinting process easily and efficiently. Ensure that you provide accurate information and keep track of the status of your application. Safeguard your PAN card to avoid the need for reprinting in the future.