How to Fix Avast High Disk Usage? Latest Tricks and Updates—2021
Those installing Avast antivirus software in the system sometimes face problems. If the proper guidelines or steps for the installation are not followed, one may experience slowness while working with applications.
It may be mentioned here that installation occupies or consumes a high percentage of disk usage causing slowness in the system. Avast high disk usage is a common thing.
One of the primary reasons for Avast High Disk Usage is that this software carries out a large number of computer operations which, among others, include background scanning, virus removal with full virus scan, and clean-up. Subsequently, the software takes a lot of time.
How to Fix Avast High Disk Usage?
It has some steps or guidelines which must be followed to allow the software to load in the system. The software can be loaded smoothly if the following steps or methods are followed:
Removal of Avast Cleanup Tool
The most important thing is the Avast cleanup tool which is the scanner used in creating free space. This can be done by uninstalling the Avast cleanup tool in the following manner:
- Open it by double clicking on Avast
- Go to Settings and click the Components tab
- After having done the above two jobs, click the downward-facing arrow next to the component tab. On doing so, you will find “remove”. Just click it to uninstall. Then confirm this command by clicking OK.
Command Prompt Tweak to Fix Avast High Disk Usage
This can be done by following the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to press the Windows + R. After this, type cmd and press enter.
- After this, the command C:\ ProgramData\AvastSoftware\Avastshould be typed. Press enter.
- Subsequently, open the avast5.ini file and then write the command [GrimeFighter]: ScanFrequency=999
- After this, restart the system, computer
Update Avast (Latest Version)
Often, the old and outdated antivirus software causes different issues. To get rid of it, the latest version of Avast holds an answer. Avast can be updated very easily following these steps:
- Open Avast by double clicking. It can also be done by clicking its icon at the system tray.
- Menu can be clicked from the drop-down list click on Settings.
- First click the Generaltab and then click on the update tab
- There are two buttons meant for updating the system. One button is for updating the virus definition and the second button if for updating the programme. Update both the programs.
[Read more: How to Turn Off/ Disable Avast Antivirus?]
Check the Functionality of Avast Screensaver
Avast screensaver continues to scan despite the fact that the screen saver is not functioning. In such a case, there is the possibility of causing higher CPU usage. This problem can be addressed in the following way:
- Right-tap on any file on your laptop or system. Now scan the your file with Avast software.
- After this a window will appear to show the scan result. You can see a list of files that are being scanned presently.
- Press stop button located next to stop the process.
With this phased and step-wise method, one can Fix Avast High Disk Usage. The process is simple and anyone can do this. Being one of the most effective antivirus software, Avast is not a complicated one for your system. The repair and updating help all those using a system.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Does Avast antivirus software gets rid of virus problems in a system?
Answer: Yes, it can. Avast antivirus software is capable of addressing most of the problems faced by laptops and PCs. This is extremely efficient antivirus software that is used universally.
What are the main benefits of installing Avast software?
Answer: Avast software carries out a large number of computer operations. These operations, among others, include background scanning, virus removal with full virus scan, and clean-up.
Can anyone fix avast high disk usage or is it a very complex process?
Answer: No, it is a very simple process and anyone can do this. To Fix Avast High Disk Usage, one has to follow certain simple steps. This will ensure the fixing or addressing of the issue.