How to Uninstall Trotux? Easy Steps to Remove it
Trotux.com is a browser hijacker that installs using tricks and deception. Developers are using it to install other programs from unreliable and shady websites. Cybercriminals can exploit this vulnerability to spread their virus by making users not pay attention during installation.
After the Trotux.com virus has been installed, your browser settings will be changed. Trotux.com will change your browser settings to set your default search provider and homepage. Although this website appears to be a normal search engine, cyber criminals use it for other purposes, such as raising money or collecting data.
What is Trotux.com?
Trotux browser hijacker comes with any other free software you can download from the Internet. Some free downloads keep the installation of additional software private. You may be unaware that you have downloaded adware.
Trotux.com uses a Windows service to hijack shortcuts when it detects that they have been removed. This browser hijacker can cause frustration on computers. When victims remove shortcuts from their browser links, they are mysteriously added back. Before we can clean the shortcuts, we must first remove the program.
[Read More: What is Hacktool: Win32/Keygen Malware?]
How Did Trotux.com Install on My Computer?
Trotux.com doesn’t install anything on your computer. It is a malicious website used to distribute unwanted software and browser hijackers. These associated websites should be avoided as they contain harmful code that could damage your computer and steal your data. You can still install the software if you wish.
1. Trotux.com is available for download on the official website.
2. Double-click the Trotux.com installation file after the download is completed.
3. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
4. After installation is successful, launch Trotux.com software.
5. You will need to create an account before you can log in.
6. After logging in, you can start using Trotux.com’s features and services.
How to Avoid the Installation of Trotux.com?
You should take care when downloading or installing software from the Internet to avoid trotux.com. Avoid clicking on links that look suspicious or downloading files from unknown sources. Before downloading or installing any software, make sure you verify the reputation of the source. To protect your computer against malicious software, it is a good idea to use an anti-virus program and anti-malware programs. To prevent PUPs from infiltrating your computer, there are two key steps. First things first, just closely observe & analyze each step of the download/installation processes using the ‘Custom’ or ‘Advanced’ settings.
Second, refuse to install additional programs or download them, opt out of the ones already installed, and don’t allow setups that alter settings that are irrelevant to the installation.
[Read More: What Is IDP.Alexa.51 – Everything You Need To Know]
How to Remove Trotux.com?
Method 1: To Uninstall Trotux.com From Your Computer
- Click on the Start button, then click on Control Panel.
- Click on Programs -> Remove a program (Windows-7, Vista), and You can also click on “Uninstall program.”
- Windows XP users can click Add/Remove Programs.
- Uninstall a program from Windows XP
- A window will appear by listing all installed programs in your computer.
- There, uninstall “Trotux.com”.
- Note: Revo Uninstaller Tool can remove Trotux.com from your computer forcefully. Click here to download the Revo uninstaller tool.
- Uninstall any unwanted or unknown programs that are included in the “Suspicious Softwares List” (see below). If you find any of these programs on your computer, you should immediately uninstall them.
- Note: Revo Uninstaller Tool can be used to forcefully remove any software from your control panel if you encounter any problem. Click here to download the Revo uninstaller tool.
- All unwanted programs must be uninstalled.
Method 2: Remove Trotux.com From Google Chrome
Step 1: Disable unwanted homepage and search engines from Google Chrome
- Click on the options icon Google Chrome Options Icon (located in the top right corner of Google Chrome), and then click on Settings. A configuration page will appear.
- Click on the Set Pages option under the configuration page. A new window will open. You will see a bunch of URLs under “Set Pages”. You can delete all of them and only then choose the one you wish to use for your home page.
- Click on the Manage search engines button on the same configuration page. You can delete all search engines found there and keep www.goole.com as your default search engine.
Step 2: Unwanted extensions are removed from Google Chrome
Google Chrome is open. Click on the options icon and then click on Tools. Click on Extensions. A configuration page will appear, listing all installed extensions. Click on the Remove Trotux.com link to remove it. You can also remove any unknown or unwelcome extensions. Click on the Remove (Recycle Bin) icon in Google Chrome to remove them.
[Read More: What is Rts.dsrlte.com and How to Remove It?]
trotux.com, a suspicious website that claims it is an Internet search engine, is fraudulent. It is quite similar to maniihome.com and nuesearch.com. trotux.com is promoted by deceptive software ‘installers’ which hijack Internet browsers. This bogus website also records different information about users’ web browsing activities.